So February is a busy month for pet parents and awareness! Last week we highlighted the fact that February is Responsible Pet Owner’s Month. Well, February is also Spay/Neuter Awareness Month!
- 79% of people DON’T KNOW when to fix their pets
- The best time to fix your pet is by 4 months to prevent accidental litters
- SURPRISE! Many people don’t know that cats can go into heat and get pregnant by 4 months, and dogs by 5 months
- 50% of litters are not planned
- 10 million animals enter overcrowded shelters every year
- Euthanasia kills more companion animals than any disease
- 90% of animals entering shelters are not fixed
Visit whentospay.org for more information!