New Dog Enrollment
Then give us a call (775) 324-0202 to make a daycare appointment for your doggie’s first day. We only need a reservation for your doggie’s first day of daycare, after he or she is an established member, daycare drop-ins by 12pm are welcome!
What to do on the first day of Daycare:
- Drop off your doggie anytime between the hours we open and 12:00pm noon – Doggies need to be at about the same energy level to play nicely and safely together, and requiring all group-play dogs to be in by noon ensures this.
- Bring in a receipt/certificate from a licensed vet showing your dog is current on the Rabies and Distemper/Parvo vaccines, and also that your dog has been given the Bordetella vaccine within the last six months. See our Daycare Requirements page for more information.
- Provide a contact number for that day. If it is determined that your doggy is not a candidate for group play, this number should reach someone who can pick up your doggy in a reasonable amount of time.
- We do not feed doggies anything except for what their owners provide due to allergies, food recalls, and stomach upsets, so if you would like your doggy to be fed a lunch/snack mid-day please provide one.
- On your dog’s first day we introduce him or her to the other dogs in group play slowly. We clear out one of our daycare rooms and let your doggy into a vestibule area alone to sniff around and get used to the new environment. Then, we let one or two dogs into the room at a time – once your dog is comfortable we slowly let more dogs in, until eventually your dog has met the whole crowd! The first day of daycare should be at least four hours long, as the introduction process often takes up to four hours depending on your dog’s comfort level and personality. However, if your doggy is having a good time on his or her first day your dog can stay the whole day!
- It is best if the introduction is done without the owners present – since our facility has many viewing windows, your dog might see you watching him or her, and focus on you rather than the introduction which could provide us with an inaccurate assessment of your dog’s temperament. However, you can call anytime during business hours (which most owners do) to see how your doggy is doing. We would call you immediately if there were any problems. After your dog’s first day owners are welcome to watch their doggy play in daycare through our viewing windows!